An Appeal to the HEART of Intercession
Dear Seasoned and Beloved Prayer Warrior,
We would like to invite you to partner with us and other Pastors and Leaders across the Nation in prayer for spiritual awakening and revival in America by facilitating an hour
on July 20th and/or July 23rd during the 18 hours of Prayer for our Nation!
The Lord is uniting His praying Army this month of July through Pray America PRAY! The vision that Doug Small had, and the goal is to “launch a united, ongoing, prevailing prayer movement that will ignite a national spiritual awakening.” We are joining Jesus in His plan, we are encountering the Lord in loving Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength, we are positioning ourselves in repentance and worship, we are seeking Him in His Word, we are partnering together in crying out to Him for our land, and also taking our place with the authority He has given us to stand as watchmen on the wall to decree and declare His will over our nation and world. “Unite our hearts with Yours and with one another oh God!” (Father, answer Jesus’ prayer in John 17!) We are standing on 2 Chronicles 7:14, Luke 4:18, Isaiah 61 and all of Jesus’ Words concerning this important time and His love for the world that none would perish.
Great quote from the Pray America PRAY website: “This nation was started through the first Great Awakening in the 1740’s that led to the first flag that had a Pine Tree and the words, ‘An Appeal to Heaven’ commissioned by General George Washington and flown by, at that time, make shift Navy. Then, after the revolution, a second Great Awakening occurred in the late 1700’s and early 1800’s that saw more that 20% of the nation repent and turn from their ways. Again, in the mid 1800’s we see a third Great Awakening. The fourth Great Awakening culminated as the Azusa Street revival. As we look at the nation today, how divided we are, our only hope is to intercede for the souls who do not know Him (and for the Lord’s glorious Bride to make Herself ready, fully engaged in His mission). Please join us in fervent worship and prayer in these 27 days of July 2021.
Great quote from our friend and prayer general John Robb, Convener of the National Prayer Assembly. “America needs a true awakening–a spiritual awakening to the reality and presence of God that returns our nation to His special and original calling. That calling was that this land be dedicated “for the Glory of God, and Advancement of the Christian Faith” (Mayflower Compact, 1620), or as the earlier 1607 covenant of the Jamestown colonists put it: “We do hereby dedicate this Land, and ourselves to reach the people within these shores with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to raise up godly generations after us, and with these generations take the Kingdom of God to all the earth.” These affirmations by our forefathers and mothers capture the real spirit and purpose of America. Through the Great Awakenings of later centuries, the Spirit of God has sought to restore America to that original calling. Such awakenings, or times of revival, have always involved His people going deeper in united, corporate prayer, experiencing together a vital, new encounter with the Lord that changed them and reformed society. These awakenings are like atmospheric shifts that affect everything and result in millions coming into the Kingdom as new believers, and a spiritual awakening in the Body of Christ.
Here are two profound quotes about prayer and spiritual awakening from committed praying ministers who have come before us. We stand with all the prayers of those who have birthed and cultivated God’s will in our nation through partnering with the will of God.
A.T. Pierson: “There has never been a spiritual awakening in any country or locality that did not begin in united prayer.” Revivals always start with united, desperate prayer.
G. Campbell Morgan: “Revival cannot be organized, but we can set our sails to catch the wind from heaven when God chooses to blow upon His people once again.”
Please go to our Pray California website www.praycalifornia.org Events to get more details.
You will discover on our website multiple layers of the prayer strategy including prayer mobilizers in States, Churches, Cities, and Regions (Wolfgang Kovacek and I/Maryal Boumann are the California Leaders for this powerful prayer initiative); a July 4 video inspiring prayer; Rooftop Encounters in the compass point cities; prayer routes traveling to the geographical center of America where there will be a day of hundreds gathered in repentance and prayer on July 23 (that’s one of our days of PRAYER! People who are boots on the ground will be calling in throughout the day to report), daily downloadable prayer guide, and the 18 Hour prayer call which began on July 4 and continues through to the 31st.
Now specifically regarding the prayer call-in line, if the Lord leads you to commit to an hour, here is what you need to know:
Each day of July has a prayer coordinator who is coordinating 18 prayer leaders to facilitate each hour of prayer for that day from 3am to 9pm Pacific. Matt and Amy Stoehr, Pastors of The Family River Gardens and our Pray California San Diego County Prayer Leaders have adopted July 20th to fill the times slots, and I have adopted July 23. You are also welcome to join the call at any time this month to pray with others around the nation.
Join in the Prayer Line by dialing 518-318-7117. There is no password. It is not a Zoom call, just a regular call. There could be from two to two hundred people on the call with you.
Guidelines for leading a prayer hour
1) Be spiritually prepared for the call (We know you would be as an anointed Leader! We just needed to include that as a gentle reminder in these busy days!) Please call in to other prayer
hours prior so you can get an idea of how calls go. We know Holy Spirit will lead your hour uniquely. You have liberty to follow His leading.
2) Call in at least five minutes before you are scheduled to facilitate. The leader of the hour before you will pray for you and your hour, and please take a moment to pray for and bless that leader as well.
3) Have your Bible, praise scriptures, scriptures regarding the topic, on hand. Have pen and paper handy to take notes…
4) We are focused on praying for national awakening, revival in the Church, repentance and every one of the 7 mountains or pillars of influence in America. If you are led to pray for something specific in relation to these on your hour, please do. For example, you may want to focus a major part of your call on children/youth, families, pastors/the church, the unborn, or a certain people group…
5) Introduce yourself and invite people on the call to introduce themselves (name and city/state).
6) Welcome the leading of the Lord from the beginning. Consecrate the hour to Him. If you blow the shofar or others on the call do, release the Tekiah “A call to assemble together to worship the Lord!”
7) Please include these components in your prayer hour:
- Begin with thanks, a praise Scripture, a worship song as we enter the Lord’s Gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. (Psalm 100:4) After you as facilitator glorify the Lord, invite three or four people to share a Praise Scripture or song. Acknowledge His Names, Extol and Revere our King together!
- Take time to wait on the Lord, listening for His leading together and honoring Him.
- Pray according to the Word. Invite others to pray. Direct the topic and also allow it to go in a direction the Lord is leading. (If you abide in Me and My Word in you, ask what you will and it shall be done for you.” (John 15:7). You can go to our website and download the daily prayer guide if you would like.
- As the leader please give clear Instruction with special prayer focus, engage others, and do not allow anyone to dominate the call. We want everyone to participate, or at least as many different ones as possible. As the gatekeeper of the call you will have the responsibility to graciously guide it. If anyone begins to use the call as a platform to talk about their opinions, political agendas, to preach or teach, speak negatively about any person or people group it is your job to immediately redirect. Keep the call filled with faith and joy and the love of God. Be gracious but don’t hesitate to cut people off if necessary.
- As different people pray according to the Lord’s Heart, acknowledge agreement.
- As you near the end of the call, take time to thank and praise and worship the Lord again.
- At 5 minutes before ‘your’ hour is to end, thank everyone on the call with you, ask them to share about the call with others, and invite people to go to the website www.praycalifornia.org Events page. Offer a prayer for the Leaders of Pray America Pray and all those Ministries in partnership with them, then introduce the person who will be leading the next hour and offer a prayer for them.
- Again, please join the Conference Call at least five minutes before your scheduled time and end with the passing of the baton right on time (even 30 seconds early) so that the next hour can begin with the next prayer leader.
8) Feel free to invite your friends and prayer groups to join you on the call! Send them the call-in number and invite them to be part of what is happening…
9) Write down any notes or praise reports and please let us know how it is going throughout the day. We will be jumping on throughout the day to pray along with you and others. Please text or email a report of how your call went and any specific highlights. It is going to be amazing and powerful!!!
Please note our website also has information for the Rooftop Gatherings happening in the San Diego and San Francisco areas as well on various dates/locations.
Also, two Prayer Caravans are leaving from California! Pastors Mark and Nicole Hammond of Modesto (Western Leaders) will be leaving from San Francisco (NOTE: they are hosting a Prayer Gathering on July 15th on the North Side of our State Capitol from 4-5pm that you are welcome to attend!) and Pastor Demetrius Miles (Southwest Leader) will be leaving from San Diego as Caravans across the nation and travel and gather in the very MIDDLE of AMERICA in Lebanon Kansas to arrive July 23rd! YOU are welcome to travel in the caravan with prayer stops along the way. “Road trip!”
We are so excited to join the LORD our Most Magnificent GOD, to join the Nation and YOU in fervent effectual prayers as we expect to see a HOLY SHIFT back to the LORD and His Word ARISE within the Church, amen!
Love and blessings on this glorious day,
Maryal, Amy, Wolfgang
Maryal Boumann and Wolfgang Kovacek – Pray California www.praycalifornia.org
Amy Stoehr – The Family River Church www.theriverfamilychurchnc.org